If you are looking for a jig saw that can deliver dependable performance when it comes your DIY. Bosch JS470E tool is a perfect choice for you.
I know the quality of work I deliver depends on the quality of the tools and equipment that help me with the jobs. Of the many tools essential for my job is the jig saw. I have had a chance to use several brands of jig saws but none of them has grabbed my attention like the Bosch JS470E 7.0A Top-Handle Jig Saw.
It suffices here to say that it is the most decent jig saw I have ever bought and used. I spent a lot of time searching for a dependable, high-quality and well-designed tool that has the necessary power to cut through wood with power and precision I desired. In this Bosch JS470E review, I will share with you the main reasons why I believe it is one of the best jig saws the market currently has to offer.
Features and Specifications of Bosch JS470E
This jig saw is equipped with some of the best features and specifications you can ever hope for in such a tool. These very attributes are what persuaded me to try the saw. They also make this tool a great choice for do-it-yourselfer as well as professional. Discussed subsequently are the main features and specifications of the JS470E 7.0A Top-Handle Jig Saw.
The main reason I recommend this jig saw is its unbeatable power. It is equipped with powerful 7.0 Amp motor with no load SMP ranging from 500 to 3,100 and up to 60 hearts. With this power, the saw is capable of cutting through hardwood with ease. The JS470E can cut through 5-7/8-inches on wood, up to 7/8-inch on aluminum and 3/8 inches in mild steel.
Precision and Accuracy
This cutting tool also features Bosch’s Constant Response Circuitry which maintains the desired speed. With this technology, I am able to cut without having to worry about inconsistencies in my performance and precision. Another thing I love about this machine is that I am able to adjust between four different orbital-action settings. This enables me to find the right blade strokes for aggressive to smooth cuts. It features internal precision technology and this makes its plunging system low in vibration. This enhances cutting accuracy and smooths the operation.
Ergonomic and Easy To Use
Some brands of jig saws I have had a chance use are too cumbersome or uncomfortable to use. I cannot say the same about the JS470E. It is designed with an ergonomic top handle with soft-grip areas for solid, comfortable grip. It also features tool-less blade ejection lever meaning I do not have to touch the hot blades in order to eject them. Other features that make using this Bosch tool easy to use are its adjustable dust blower which helps to keep the cutting line large and clear and sturdy die-cast with steel insert.
- Cutting capability on wood up to 5-7/8, on aluminum up to 7/8”, and 3/8” on mild steel as previously mentioned.
- The maximum bevel cut angle is 45 degrees.
- Case is made of hard plastic.
- Dimensions: 14-inches (L) x 4-inches (W) x 7-inches (H); weight is 5.6 lbs with the cord length measuring 10 ft.
- 1-inch stroke length,
- 120V rating
- No Load SPM of 500-3,100.
- The full package includes jig saw, no-mar overshoe, anti-splinter insert, blade and case.
Pros and Cons of Bosch JS470E
After using this Jig Saw for some time now, I can vouch to the advantages highlighted below.
- The tool-less blade-change system allows for expedited insertion while the blade ejection limits the need to touch the hot blade.
- It delivers great performance thanks to its Constant Response circuitry which ensures consistent precision and performance.
- It is highly ergonomic and very easy to use thanks to its ergonomic top handle with soft-grip parts for sturdy, comfortable grip.
- It is designed for low vibration. This does not only provide comfort but also enhance accuracy and smooth operation.
- I have now used this Bosch tool for a couple of months and I see no terrible downside that can limit its use. The fact that it does not have LED light is bothersome but it does not negatively affect accuracy, precision and performance. Another concern I have is that JS470E does not accept U-shank blades.
I bet you have learned a great deal from this Bosch JS470E review. If you are looking for a jig saw that can deliver dependable performance when it comes your DIY or professional work then this Bosch tool is a perfect choice. It is highly ergonomic, easy to use and will enable you make accurate and precise cuts without much effort. Many people who have had a chance to use this tool will confess to you that it is the best they have ever used. I highly recommend your buy this jig saw and experiences its power and performance for yourself.